Use this list of resources to learn more about communication skills and processes that are unique to engineering situations and requirements.
Our goal is to keep this list fresh and useful, so please visit and browse frequently. If you have issues with any of these links and resources, or if you would like to recommend a resource, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Core Communication Concepts—Apply these basics of communication strategy to written, oral, and interpersonal communications.
- Oral Presentation Skills—Use these tips to engage your audience with confidence and impact.
- Writing Skills—Review general writing skills and learn about engineering genres.
- Graphics and Visual Communication—Support your points with data, graphs, and charts.
- Interpersonal Communication—Engage others with confidence and personal presence.
- Dictionaries and Tools—Refer to these tools to ensure that your communications are of the highest quality.
Developing Communication Leadership Strategy
PowerPoint lecture extracted from Leadership Communication by Deborah J. Barrett, Ph.D.
The Minto Pyramid Principle
The Minto Pyramid provides a model for organizing your thinking, identifying your key message, and developing your content logically. The technique applies to emails, memos, reports, proposals, and oral presentations.